Happy New Year! If you are among the many folks who got engaged over the holidays, the new year means the beginning of planning for your big day – which can be exciting and a little intimidating, all at once. So what are the most popular trends for 2016 weddings?
- Personality Plus – couples are deciding to create a celebration that reflects their personal flair and tastes. Formal affairs are often replaced with comfortable settings and non-traditional locations, which takes a lot of pressure off the planning – and the event.
- Romance Rules – romantic illumination and soft, vintage floral colors are popular as couples move into 2016. Candlelight and hanging bulbs remain popular lighting elements for weddings this year.
- Meaningful Menus – couples are choosing to share their heritage through food, with appetizers and family style foods that reflect their cultural background. These foods are often colorful, interesting and spark conversation. If there are traditional drinks that compliment the food, serve to your guests as well.
- Fun Festivities – cookies and milk or an ice cream sundae station provide desserts that are fun, portable and encourage mingling and conversation.
- Floral Freedom – the trendiest colors are blush and matte as opposed to the vibrant brights of recent years. Matching centerpieces and bouquets are giving way to eclectic, complementary arrangements that are similar but not uniform, giving a more natural, fresh-picked feel to the room.
If you are looking to create a wedding that reflects your style as well as gives off the newest relaxed tones and ambiance, stop into Mission Viejo Florist. Our expert florists are ready to help you with all your bridal bouquet and floral arrangement needs. Congratulations on your new engagement – let’s get to planning!